Take the First Step in Making Diving Your Lifestyle
PADI Divemaster Internship
Your adventure as a PADI professional begins with the PADI Divemaster program. During this course, you will work closely with our experienced instructors to refine your dive skills to the professional level, expand your dive knowledge, and learn the ins and outs of working at a scuba diving center. In popular dive destinations, Divemasters primary function is to take fun divers out on a guided dive over the reef, highlighting points of interest and showing them local marine life. For example here in Roatan, the majority of dive shops include a dive professional to take out their certified divers so they can guide them to perhaps where a local seahorse or a frogfish may be residing.
PADI is the most recognized name in recreational diving worldwide. About 70% of worldwide dive certifications are PADI, meaning PADI Divemasters and Instructors are highly employable in the dive industry. Being a PADI dive professional opens you up to a long list of exciting locations to call your office.
More than just developing your abilities in the water, the Divemaster program develops your leadership skills and will qualify you to supervise scuba activities and assist instructors with student divers.
Why Become a PADI Divemaster?
Aside from guiding certified divers around local dive sites, here is an expanded list on what else a certified PADI Divemaster can do:
With additional training you can as a DiveMaster:
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program in a pool or confined water.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty.
For a full list of all of the many possibilities available to a PADI Divemaster, contact us.
- Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
- Conduct the PADI Discover Snorkeling & Skin Diver program
- Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience (ie, guiding certified divers around local dive sites)
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers
- Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor
And well did we mention how FUN diving is?!?
Packages & Prices
No matter your experience level, we offer packages from beginner to advanced divers. Read below to see which one is right for you.
already a rescue diver?
If you are a Rescue Diver and have recently completed an EFR Primary and Secondary course within the past 24 months, you may meet the requirements to start your Divemaster internship.
PADI Divemaster course starting at $800 (not including PADI materials and PADI fees).
currently an advanced diver?
Our most popular package, for divers who are PADI Advanced Open Water certified we offer the Better Buddy + Divemaster Internship Package. The Better Buddy Package offers a discount by combining Rescue with the Emergency First Responder Course. These are both prerequisites before starting your Divemaster internship.
PADI "Better Buddy" [Rescue + EFR] + Divemaster course starting at $1,275
new to diving?
For candidates without any prior training, we offer our “Zero to Hero” which is all dive certifications up to and including the PADI Divemaster. With us you will learn to become a PADI Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Emergency First Responder, and Divemaster. Approximate time required varies since these are all performance based courses.
Zero to Hero course starting at $1,985, includes 5 PADI certifications
Interested in working as an Underwater Videographer?
Roatan Divers works with UMI Productions to offer full media services. You can combine UMI Productions’ professional 2 week underwater videography course with your Divemaster program. We teach you about composition, setting up shots, editing - everything you need to make great underwater videos. Watch some of our videos shot directly from the reef here in Roatan!