PADI Divemaster Internship - Course Overview
Roatan Divers believes that the best Divemaster Internship training doesn’t just come from reading books and simulation exercises, but by experiencing how a dive center operates on a day to day basis and assisting the instructors as they train real students in their diving courses.
What you learn
During the PADI Divemaster Internship program, you will learn leadership skills through classroom work, self study, and a close mentorship relationship with our experienced instructors. You will practice Confined Water skills, stamina exercises, and complete simulations that will improve your organization and problem solving skills. We teach you how to work with divers to help them improve their own diving.
**We limit the number of Divemaster Trainees at any one time to ensure a quality experience. Maximum 3 Divemaster Trainees.
what you can expect
We teach our Divemaster Trainees to work with students on real courses and help prevent, overcome, and assist with common problems they may encounter while learning to dive. You will act as an instructional assistant and your performance will be evaluated. In addition, we will give you training in compressor operation, equipment repair and dive store sales, all very valuable assets to any prospective employer.
- You will perfect your Confined Water Skills to demonstration level, improve your diving ability and practice a rescue scenario.
- You will conduct a real student training session under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Equipment Exchange...And so much more!
We teach the following to our Divemaster Trainees:
- Roles and characteristics of a Divemaster
- Supervising general diving activities
- Dive & Decompression Theory; the RDP
- Physics & Physiology of diving
- Assisting instructors with student divers in training
- Divemaster conducted programs, the business of diving and your diving career
Course Time and Costs
We recommend six to eight weeks to complete your Divemaster training. The PADI Divemaster course is performance based, not time based, so we will work with you until you feel confident and ready to go out into the world as a PADI professional.
The Divemaster Course starts at $800 (not including PADI materials and fees).
Every PADI Divemaster Trainee receives a Crew-Pak with:
- Divemaster slates
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving – a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment.
- RDP Table or eRDPML
- Scuba Tune-Up Guidebook
All Divemaster Trainees are required to provide their own:
- Surface Marker & reel
- Dive Computer (strongly encouraged; they are important for safety when doing repetitive diving)
We can help you purchase these on the island after arrival for very competitive rates.